Total Pageviews

It's about food, restaurants, recipes and just plain eating.


Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Picture This

Still no pictures - when I cook I want to eat, not take pictures.

I made some delicious pork chops last night.  I intended to make Tonkatsu, a Japanese pork cutlet pounded thin, dredged in flour, egg & panko bread crumbs and fried.  It's served with rice and shredded cabbage & is delicious.

But when I got home I did not want to go through all those steps.  Instead, I channeled my sister and made something based on a dish she made for me once. She roasted chicken in the oven and glazed it with honey & mustard.  Awesome!

Because it was nearly 90 degrees yesterday I did not want to turn on the oven. Instead, I cooked the chops in a skillet.  They were cut very thin and were boneless.  All I did was season them with a seasoning blend, sliced an onion thin, sauteed the onion in oil and added the chops.  I turned them until they were well browned all over and nearly cooked through.

A plop of grainy, spicy brown mustard went into the pan along with a hefty dribble of honey and a goodly splash of whiskey.  I stirred it all together and kept turning the chops until they were coated with the glaze and cooked through.

These would be good with anything - rice, scalloped or mashed potatoes, and any kind of green vegetable.  Try them and see if you like them.  A quick and easy week-night main dish!

Quotable quotes; in the category Don't Talk With Your Mouth Full, Just Keep Eating!

"You can never put too much pork in your mouth as far as I'm concerned."  Lewis Black, Comedian

No comments:

Post a Comment