Total Pageviews

It's about food, restaurants, recipes and just plain eating.


Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Bento - Finally!

I finally got around to making another bento.   I have been meaning to for a long time but it just didn't seem to get done.  I am so out of practice this bento took me a half hour or more to prepare.  But it was worth it.
I included some of my favorites - chicken teriyaki, sauteed cocktail wieners and my most favorite of all, a tamagoyaki (egg cake).  I also included some peppers, onion & carrots cooked in soy sauce & mirin and a cucumber pickle.  I placed half an umeboshi plum on my rice.  This was my very first umeboshi.  It was very salty but tasty in its way.

I put the bento in a recycled take-out container as I could not lay my hands on an "official" bento box.  The only problem was I could not pack it quite tight enough to prevent any shifting around so I had to carry it carefully to prevent it becoming "messy".

I hope it does not take me so long to make my next bento.  This was fun . . . and tasty!!!

Quotable Quotes; in the category Yes, Especially If There's Bento For Lunch!

"When people you greatly admire appear to be thinking deep thoughts, they probably are thinking about lunch."  Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment