Total Pageviews

It's about food, restaurants, recipes and just plain eating.


Monday, April 8, 2013

It's Gonna Happen

My friend made a carrot cake last time she had us over for supper.  From scratch.  It was good.

I have a penchant for making things from a mix and messin' with 'em to fancy 'em up a little.

I have bags of carrots in the fridge.  I have boxes of cake mix in the pantry.  I have tubs of frosting in the pantry.  I have eggs.  I'm gonna make a carrot cake.

Perusing the web I found three different recipes for carrot cake, all starting with a boxed yellow cake mix.  Some call for instant vanilla pudding, some for crushed pineapple, some call for 3 eggs and some call for 4.

I also found a recipe for a low-fat, low-calorie carrot cake in an old issue of Prevention Magazine.  Ya, THAT ain't gonna happen.  At least not this time.

Sometime before the weekend there will be a carrot cake coming out of my oven.  I'll let you know how it is.  Raisins need not apply.

Quotable quotes; in the category Eating A Balanced Diet Is Its Own Reward!

"Vegetables are a must on a diet.  I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread and pumpkin pie."  Jim Davis, creator of the Garfield comic strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment