Total Pageviews

It's about food, restaurants, recipes and just plain eating.


Thursday, May 10, 2012

What's That Picutre?

Do you like my blog picture?  In my mind I call it Burger Bird.  It's an ATC (Artist's Trading Card).  I posted about ATCs on my madKnews blog.  They are little cards, the size of a baseball trading card, created by artists.  They can be mini collages, paintings, or whatever the artists wants to do.

This one was made from a piece torn from the Sunday Funny Papers.  The hamburger and bird were cut from various magazines and pasted on.  I finished the card with dots from a silver paint pen.  I thought it would make a good illustration for a food blog and besides, it was about the only food themed pic I had in my library so . . . Just so you know this is also one of my favorite ATCs.

Sometimes I call the bird Fred after the cockatoo from the TV show Baretta.  I think Fred is dancing on his burger.

Quotable Quotes; in the category If You Don't Like The Salad Try The Matisse!

"Cooking is an art, but you eat it too."
Marcella Hazan, cookbook author

No comments:

Post a Comment